3/16/2010

The First Step

So this is the start.
I am in the middle of beginning (?) my journey across Rt. 66 by Skateboard with my custom made Tear Drop trailer attached. No, it's not a full size trailer. It's designed to go on the back of the board. "Why"? Well......that's what I'll try to figure out I guess.
I've been riding skateboards since the early 80's and have always had a fascination with tear drop trailers. Something about the idea that at anytime you can simply hook up and take your home with you anywhere you want to go.
Both are distinctly American modes of transportation, and while one has gone from being almost a criminal activity to complete mainstream acceptance, the other has gone from mainstream to an underground almost cult-ish activity. I guess I wanna see how these two interests are intersecting in our cultural timeline.
Well, so begins the journey. If it all goes right, I be hitting Rt. 66 starting in St. Louis at the beginning of June. Till then.......prepare, prepare, prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment